Fall is now upon is, and that brings two things to mind. 2nd half 2023 Property taxes are due November 1st and its time to get your home or investment property ready for winter.
1st things 1st– many of you are fortunate enough to have paid off your mortgage or have a private loan that does not require escrow of taxes. THIS IS YOUR REMINDER – Time to write that check or log in to the county website and get those 2nd half taxes PAID.
NEXT – Get your home ready for winter!
- Make sure gutters are clean & downspouts drain away from the foundation.
- Disconnect & put away all hoses & add foam or other faucet covers to outdoor faucets.
- Winterize outdoor sprinklers.
- Check outdoor lighting for those long winter nights.
- Tune up your furnace and change the filter.
- And now is a good time to know where your water shut off and water meter are. Watch for my upcoming blog ‘7 things to know about waterlines’ for more details.
Fall is also a good time to check in on the value of your home, visit my website for a free Home Valuation. No email or phone required unless you want me to refine your value.