When you are buying a home, you are doing two very important things. First you are finding a space and shelter that is a good match for your personality, lifestyle, and budget. Second, you are making an investment in your future. Home ownership is one of the single most effective ways to build one’s net worth. In fact, according to an annual study by the Federal Reserve released in 2018, the net worth of a homeowner is, on average, 36 times that of a renter. Building that equity month after month by way of making your monthly house payment and patiently waiting for the value to increase will serve you very very well.
You may be a seasoned homeowner considering a move, this might be your first home purchase or you may be considering purchasing an investment property. In any case, the process around buying is continually changing. New forms & disclosures, as well as changing markets, require an individual buying plan, tailored specifically for you.
My process is simple – let’s have a cup of coffee and you can share your vision for your next step with me:
- Tell me about what is working and what is not in your current home.
- Let me know about what research you have done already, if any, and what you have learned.
- Let’s talk about the areas that appeal to you.
- Tell me about your requirements – bed, baths, layout, and any “must haves”. Tell me about your “want” list as well.
- Share your non-negotiables with me. For example, if you must be in an area with high-speed internet or within a certain distance to work, that is important for me to know.
- Let’s talk about your mortgage requirements and your next steps there.
- And let’s talk about the search and your timeline!
That is plenty to get us started. Reach out and I will get the ball rolling!